Wednesday 7 March 2012

Uma Thurman talks about 'Bel Ami' on her new interview


Stylist's Debbie McQuoid spends an afternoon at the home of Uma Thurman, Tarantino's muse, and falls a little bit in love in the process.
A series of events have brought me to where I sit now; perched at Uma Thurman’s kitchen counter in her Manhattan apartment, nonchalantly sipping peppermint tea and trying to surreptitiously store away in my memory bank every book, photograph and brand of cleaning product I can see.
I’ve flown to New York to talk to the actress about her new film Bel Ami, a remake based on Guy de Maupassant’s 1885 classic novel about Parisian scoundrel and womaniser Georges Duroy, played by Robert Pattinson. Our original meeting was scheduled for this morning at The Gramercy Park Hotel, but a sick child (hers) has postponed it to this afternoon. A family dinner party means it’s easier for me to visit her at home, is this OK? Of course. Do I mind if she prepares the ragù while I interview her? Not at all.
Totally thrown – I came here to sit in a fashionable but neutral hotel suite and ask questions – I am now a guest in her apartment. The star of cult favourites Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill: Vol 1 & 2, and, yes, admittedly, a few duds too (My Super Ex-Girlfriend …anyone?). I’m in Uma Thurman’s pad.
There are a few rules I have agreed to; not too much detail about the apartment and no detail at all about Maya, 13, and Levon, 10 – her children with ex-husband, actor Ethan Hawke.

To see the full article PRESS HERE! 
Full credits on Stylist :D

No comments:

Post a Comment