Wednesday 11 January 2012

‘Cosmopolis’ among the Thirty Most Anticipated Films of 2012 by Sound On Sight


15- Cosmopolis
While P.T. Anderson may be my favourite American filmmaker working today, David Cronenberg is not only my favourite Canadian filmmaker, but is somewhere on my list of my ten favourite directors of all time. The man has only made one film that I did not like (guess which one) and I’d easily place about five of his films on my top 100. Here Cronenberg adapts a critically revered and best-selling novel and places teen heartthrob Robert Pattinson at the centre, as a newlywed billionaire who ends up losing his bride and his billions in a single day. A bunch of Cronenberg’s favourite themes are explored, including man’s relationship with modern technology, murder and yes, sexual obsession. Apart from Pattinson, the impressive cast includes Sarah Gadon, Kevin Durand, Jay Baruchel, Samantha Morton, Juliette Binoche, Paul Giamatti, and Mathieu Amalric.
Synopsis: Based on the novel by American author Don DeLillo, it centers on Eric Packer (Robert Pattinson), a young multi-billionaire making an epic, ultimately doomed limo ride across New York City.
Source | via | via

No comments:

Post a Comment