Friday 3 February 2012

Rob's co-stars talk about him, 'Bel Ami' and 'Cosmopolis'


Peter Facinelli jokes about "Rpattz", "Kstew" and "Pfach" (video untagged here/youtube/via)



Christina Ricci talks about working with Rob in 'Bel Ami' (full article at the source)


Besides being busy with Pan Am, Ricci has finished filming the movie Bel Ami, which is based on French author Guy de Maupassant's 1885 novel of the same name. Opening here on March 29, it also stars Uma Thurman, Robert Pattinson and Kristin Scott Thomas.

About Pattinson, Ricci would say only that the Twilight heart-throb, who plays the corrupt protagonist Georges Duroy, was an "amazing" guy to work with.


Juliette Binoche talked about filming with Cronenberg and her character in Cosmopolis (source/google translate/via)


Can you tell us about the filming of Cosmopolis, David Cronenberg?

I play an art saleswoman who has sex with a rich young man, played by Robert Pattinson, who is trying to sell her paintings. I shot two days, in a highly cronenberguien, that is to say quite distant while shooting, but warm at the start and finish. It was in front a green background, in a limousine with a camera directed at a distance, David talked through a microphone. At first I was intoxicated with the idea of ​​playing a sort of berserk. But at the end of the scene, she finds herself in a lonely miserable. Leaving the movie, I felt badly. And that’s exactly what David wanted to tell: the illusion of prosperity and the sense of a world that falls and loses


Not really a Rob mention, but Kristin Scott Thomas talks about her character in 'Bel Ami' (full article at the source)


The actress has also got her fair share of English-language roles coming up. As Virginie Walters in Bel Ami she plays against type. Her character starts off as a Scott Thomas archetype, cold and ruthless, but then goes gaga over Robert Pattinson, behaving like a teenage fan of Twilight.

I ask if she wanted to play against type. "Not really; I wasn't aware of doing that," comes the initial reply. Yet she soon talks herself around to my way of thinking. "I know people think that I always play these characters who are in control and can chop someone's head off with a look. Maybe you are right in a way; that part was particularly enticing to me because she's a woman who loses all her dignity. But I also wanted to do the film because Nick Ormerod and Declan Donnellan were directing. I'd met Declan on many occasions and we'd tried to make theatre together, but it had never really worked out; so this was an opportunity."

She then reveals that she had agreed to star in an adaptation of Guy de Maupassant's Bel Ami years ago, when Vincent Cassel was cast in the lead role and she was to play the controlling female Madeleine Forestier. Coming full circle she ends by adding, "Piffle! I don't think the way that people see me in French film is so different to how they see me in English films. To do Pawel's film is great because I'm allowed to go to both places, which is exciting."

Source 

No comments:

Post a Comment