Wednesday 8 February 2012

Vampire Diaries’ Joseph Morgan talks about Rob's fame and career




Joseph is the latest addition to the series playing Klaus and spoke exclusively to omg! about how a franchise such as Twilight would affect the success of its male lead:

"Provided he didn't mess it all up, Robert was guaranteed a fan base thanks to Twilight," Joseph told us.

"His character is iconic and there's a huge following of the books but there's a tremendous amount of pressure that comes with that."

The gravitas of playing a heartthrob is something the 30-year-old actor can relate to as he explained how much passion fans have for the parts he and RPattz play.

"People have their own very distinctive ideas of how a character should be portrayed especially when you're playing a vampire."

But this is something Robert does flawlessly, as Joseph adds it's not just Edward Cullen who turned him into a superstar.

"Having the talent helped, Robert is quite charming and humble in the press during interviews which helps.

"I do worry thought that after Vampire Diaries finishes how many fans will come with me to watch other projects that I do and if it's just the vampire phenomenon that made us [me and Robert] famous. It's harder for Robert though."

Judging by Joseph's looks, we don't think it's just talent or the acting gig he's got that draws the fans in but it's clearly something he worries about.

"It's too early to say if I think I've been typecast, but I've been forced to take on different roles but I'm not going to lie I have done jobs just to pay the rent."

Naturally we had to ask if he'd like to reach the dizzy Hollywood heights that Robert has to which he replied rather diplomatically…

"That guy is more famous than anyone at the moment, of course I'd like to have Robert Pattinson's career but I don't like the whole celebrity aspect of it.

"I'm not interested in having a photo shoot in a magazine it allows people to buy into you too much. I'm not against talking about my personal life but I don't want it to be a soap opera.

"I'm not saying Robert's is, but he can't escape it - like the gossip around who is hedating, I don't want all that."


But that's what we REALLY need to know! Our final question to the actor was if he watched Twilight in preparation for his role in Vampire Diaries…

"I watched the first one but didn't want to play it the same as Robert.

"I thought he was good, there are so many parallels drawn between Twilight and Vampire Diaries that it was better for me not to watch it."


Yahoo UK

No comments:

Post a Comment